Overlaying on video

hh hh at hyperhh.de
Mon Mar 27 18:31:21 EDT 2017

> Roger E. wrote
> Will there be a similar capability to allow objects (buttons and fields)
> to overlay a browser widget, which might also be displaying a video?
> I believe there is a need to make this possible for any situation.

As I'm currentl refershing my 'web-knowledge' I made a demo.

An overlay by a LC window. You can set its transparency and could even
use this technique to make windowshaped 'overlay-stacks' (so that you can look
through and click through the 'holes' of that stack).

Widget usage example #3
http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?p=152773#p152773

It's not perfect, you will have to add scripts, but the HTML is fully included.
Stack size (incl. browser widget and HTML+CSS+javascript) < 30 KByte.

May be this is not really what you want, but TMHO an overlay by a lot of single
objects will slow down the performance of the video dramatically.

HTH, Hermann