LiveCode's handling of Unicode glyphs being dependent on the underlying OS

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Mon Mar 27 06:36:05 EDT 2017

On 2017-03-26 17:48, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode wrote:
> Interestingly enough this FREE program for Macintosh:
>
> https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/9752/unicodechecker
>
> Very successfully displays glyphs I have built into my Devawriter.ttf
> font in comformance
> with the Unicode version 10 Beta specification.
>
> This all on my supposedly outmoded system 10.7.5 plastic box.

Just an update here - my 10.11 box does happily display all three
characters as needed in LiveCode and other apps. When I initially
installed the devawriter font which was supplied, it must not have
installed it properly (I think I might have had an old version
installed). After removing 'Devawriter' completely (using Font Book) and
then reinstalling (by double clicking the latest version) - I get all
codepoints appearing as expected.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps