Overlaying on video

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Sun Mar 26 20:30:49 EDT 2017

Hi Ben,

To try to answer the second part of your question first.
I think once a movie starts playing other LC messages don’t
have time to be sent. The video just takes over because
it’s showing each frame quickly so your eye tells you
it’s a movie.

One solution I had to use in the past to make a decent
animation was to break the movie into each frame and
then put each frame onto each card.  I had a short
movie so it ended up being 254 cards.  It was for iOS
so I needed to optimize for a cell phone processor.
Then I was able to have a graphic which appeared
on every card move on top of the changing cards.
So my animated character was able to move around
freely on top of a video background.  I was able to
adjust the timing of the loops so it looked pretty good.

Regarding the first part of your message:
I’m trying to duplicate some of your experience here.

> Eventually I discovered by accident that this only applies to some videos. For now, I got the job I needed to do done by rendering the original .mp4 into a .mov with QuicktimePlayer's default settings; I haven't had time to establish what the crucial factors are. Is this known/documented anywhere?

I tried importing a Quicktime movie which had the .mov suffix into LC.
I put a graphic on top of the movie and when I went to play the movie
the movie put itself on top of the graphic.  So what to I need to do to
recreate your solution?

Thanks,

Rick