A funny thing happened on the way to the forum.

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Mar 26 17:08:47 EDT 2017

On 3/26/17 7:14 AM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode wrote:
> Cripes . . . Now how was I to know that:
<script>

> would work, while the same nonsense inside a rawKeyDown thing ended up
> with egg salad?
>
> Talk about "under-documented".

In the dictionary:

rawKeyDown: Sent when the user presses any key.

rawKeyUp: Sent when the user releases any key that was pressed (other
than a modifier key).
"If the message is sent as the result of typing something in a field,
the rawKeyDown message is sent before the text is changed, and the
rawKeyUp message is sent after the change has been made."

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com