D3 LiveCode Chart Examples

Todd Fabacher tfabacher at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 16:41:47 EDT 2017

Hello LiveCoders,

This was our prototype for charting, but unfortunately we have become so
consumed with projects that we can not focus on this right now. We also
coded the D3.js scripts so that we could use it in React.

Just an FYI, some of the projects we have been working on in
LiveCode...Royalty Payment system for the largest music company in the
world, a live video medial app that connects patient and doctor for the
largest network in the world [with live bluetooth stats fed from medical
devices], interactive & live video kiosk for 5000 retail outlets for the
largest PC manufacturer. Plus connecting with WP to create a great solution
in the Business LMS and Tourism Industries. The LMS and tourism app are
mainly WordPress, but we are using our WP API in LiveCode to create
incredible mobile solutions.

We are also launching our our product this week: TriviaMatic  [
www.TriviaMatic.com we are still working on the web site sorry] We were
selected to be in the NEW and HOTEST product section in the Nightclub and
Bar show. There are 36,000 people attending and this will be our first
large App we did in LiveCode that should have over 500,000 users.

The bars pay a monthly fee of $199 + $499 setup fee  [or the suppliers pay
so the can show Ads to promote their product], and the trivia also appears
on a  TV [controlled by Rasberry Pi - $499 is nice markup on the device].
We also did a full interactive digital restaurant menu in the App and on
the TV. Our goal is 1000 bars in the first 2 years - you do the math :-) !!
Our next market after the US/Canada is Brazil...then on to Europe.

The big kicker for the LiveCode community is our online/offline datasync.
Your apps will be able to keep 5000+ users all in sync with just 3 lines of
LiveCode in your App, which we hope will be tested and finished this
quarter. We are doing the server in Google's GoLang and can be dropped on a
LC server with no server experience at all. This is already in the market
and use in CAT manufacturing plants and our in the field where they are
used. Thanks Monte for the barcode scanning external - it was a life saver
last month!!

We will also be releasing a D3 interactive World Map in your App. This is
for the music company...and they LOVE our solution. We just need to test
and debug before putting it out and get their OK. Credit goes to Gurgen and
the LiveCode team @ DP - they are becoming very creative in pushing the
boundaries and getting exceptional UI/UX our of LC on mobile.

Hello Richard...Here is the D3.js copyright, so I assume I will go with
what they do:
https://github.com/d3/d3/blob/master/LICENSE

Hi Mark..Gurgen, who you met at the LiveCode conference did the D3 code. I
actually have not been involved much, so he should get the credit for his
hard work.

Sure Trevor. Thank you for being the inspiration for us to move almost 100%
to script ONLY code. We will use .livecodescript. We do even use pre
built UI card anymore. Everything is all dynamically built now. We have not
moved to widgets just yet, but we hope soon.

--Todd & the DP Team