DragDrop makes windows unresponsive OS X

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Mar 24 15:21:29 EDT 2017

> constant cModeList = "uppercase,lowercase,numbers,custom"
> constant cCustomChars = "!#$%&'*+-/=?^_`{|}~.@"
>
> on dragDrop
>    put cleanASCII(the dragData ["text"], cModeList, cCustomChars) into me
>    exit to top
> end dragDrop

The first thing to try would be replacing "exit to top" with "pass
dragdrop". If you don't pass the command, the drop doesn't happen.

Everything below is off the top of my head, untested, but here are some
general ideas.

If "pass" doesn't work, try:

on dragDrop
   put the dragData ["text"] into tText
   set the dragData ["text"] to cleanASCII(tText, cModeList, cCustomChars)
   pass dragDrop
end dragDrop

And if that doesn't work, try:

on dragDrop
   put the dragData ["text"] into tText
   send "cleanUp tText" to me in 0
   pass dragDrop
end dragDrop

on cleanUp pText
   put cleanASCII(me, cModeList, cCustomChars) into me
end cleanUp

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com