DragDrop makes windows unresponsive OS X

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Mar 24 14:03:47 EDT 2017

Here is a handler in a field script. The exit to top is necessary because of the issue. The source can be an email from the Mail app, or it can be text from an OCR'd PDF. The CleanASCII function is necessary because Acrobat will insert non-printing characters for what reason I do not know, that will crash Livecode. Since the issue occurs no matter the source, I do not think it's the nature of the data, especially since the data gets put into the field, so all functions have clearly returned (otherwise it would never see exit to top).

constant cModeList = "uppercase,lowercase,numbers,custom"
constant cCustomChars = "!#$%&'*+-/=?^_`{|}~.@"

on dragDrop
   put cleanASCII(the dragData ["text"], cModeList, cCustomChars) into me
   exit to top
end dragDrop