Problem with converting time

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Fri Mar 17 12:19:24 EDT 2017

On 03/17/2017 05:46 AM, Michael Doub via use-livecode wrote:
> time = 1489755600
>
> Mac:      dateitems = 2017,3,17,9,0,0,6
> server:   dateitems = 2017,3,17,12,0,0,6
>
> Code:   get time
> convertit to dateitems
>
> I don't understand how the local time comes into play when converting a
> constant number of seconds.  The resulting date should be a constant as
> well.
>
> What am I missing?

That seems reasonable to me.
<disclaimer>
   I haven't been following this discussion
</disclaimer>

"get the time" will get a value based on the system's local time zone,
so what you're thinking of as a constant is actually dependent on the
system location. It looks to me like the server is three time zones away
from the mac. If you don't want time zones to enter into the calculations

get the internet date
convert it to dateitems

--
  Mark Wieder