is LCs answer folder state of the art?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Mon Mar 13 10:20:50 EDT 2017

Hello,

the user shall select a folder, which includes certain files. When using
"answer folder" the LiveCode dialog lets select the folder and returns the
path, but without showing it's content, while navigating. That puzzles
sometimes my customers, because it looks like the folder is empty and it
might not be the correct folder.

I am  not sure, if this behavior of the answer dialog is "standard" at other
programs and it just looks strange to me, or if there is another approach to
let the user select a folder while showing it's content? I could workaround
with "answer file", but that could puzzle again the user, because he can't
select a folder and must select a file to return from the dialog.

How is this UI issue handled correctly?

Tiemo