Distinguishing between tap and swipe

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Fri Mar 10 16:48:11 EST 2017

@ Bob I'm using 10 also, based on using lower numbers and watching users who tap rows in a list (which serve as buttons)  expect it to "trigger" instead of scroll the list… if that is what you mean by "tolerance"   I could be wrong and there are probably more experienced UX devs out there who know better, but it seems very rare that someone using a swipe up or to the right or left to scroll, ever does it with a gesture that is lower than 10 px

But I doubt if that value affects performance.

BR

@ randy: I see if I can use your method… will let us know if it helps.