Searching "teh" or tihs"

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Mar 10 11:04:48 EST 2017

There is always the soundex() sql function. SELECT soundex('the') = soundex('teh') returns true. Not sure what the tolerance is though. Because of the arbitrary nature of languages, this really requires a lookup table for commonly mistyped words, with the ability to "learn" as corrections are made. Then you would need to be able to "uncorrect" or delete entries. Eventually you end up with something that is likely built into the OS already, so at that point it would be better to write an extension in C or Java.

Bob S