Download LC Community: trapped.

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 17:26:19 EST 2017

Asking for an e-mail address is a small thing to ask for.

But _forcing_, rather than _asking_, isn't quite the same thing.

-------- Personal blether starts now -------

I don't feel capable in a big way to contribute to LiveCode development,
so I do try to send bug reports in when I fall over 'bugs'.

I am still wondering about trying to make a simplified interface for
some sort of
cut-down version of LiveCode using block-programming [ c.f. Scratch and
so on ].

I was wondering about having a script-editor with blocks . . .

Whether that would actually constitute devloping FOR Livecode is a moot
point.
One of my motives for considering it is that it might fuel greater
uptake at the child-teenage-educational
end of the spectrum working on the theory that children who start with
Livecode via block-programming
might progress to "proper" Livecode programming after a while.

Unfortunately I suspect that my idea is, like the ideas of many would-be
contributors, quite far
down the list of my day-to-day priorities: running a school, teaching,
developing my Devawriter Pro,
Professional Development, being a husband and a father, and so on and so
forth . . . I do hope that
in June/Jult/August I will find both the time and the energy to get
started on this . . . and, who knows,
some folk may deide to join in the "fun", although I haven't noticed
much "communal'" stuff going
on in this "community" to be honest.

------ Personal blether ends ----

And it is, indeed a gae richt scunner anent maist fowk's glisk til the
free version, but I for yin
amnae ma brither's keeper nor dictator forbye.

Richmond.