Trouble playing videos with MS DirectShow LC 8

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Tue Mar 7 13:13:32 EST 2017

Hi Tiemo,

just made a little test on my "stock" Win10 installation (Parallels on my Mac).

WindowsMediaPlayer plays any MP4 fine, but nothing appears in the player of Livecode!?
So this is definitively a LC issue!

Then I downloaded and installed the latest LAVFilter codec package:
<https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters/releases>
Et voila, I can play these MP4, which did not play before, in LC!?
Does not make any sense actually!?

> On 3/7/17 9:47 AM, Tiemo Hollmann TB via use-livecode wrote:
>> Yes, it plays fine on my development machine by selecting it via a dialog, but not on the other machines.
>>
>> Tiemo

Best

Klaus

--