ouch: the beginning of the end

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 15:10:26 EST 2017

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 8:07 PM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <

> err... are the forms already created? Or are you trying to create the
> forms from scratch programaticaly? If the former, I wrote an application
> that does just that. I first create a fillable form, then (for OS other
> than OS X) I create an FDF file using a simple one liner Javascript command
> and then add an Open File action that imports data from that fdf file.
> Otherwise (for OS X using Acrobat) I use Applescript to tell Javascript to
> fill the form.

I've considered such an approach, but
1)  It shouldn't be that much work,
2)  it takes something external
3)  it takes different approaches on different platforms
4)  it means that I'm counting on something *after* my customer modifies
the supposed output to create the actual output.
5) Some of what I need to do generates the forms on the fly, with the same
block repeated with different information.  In some cases, I have a block
such as the entries on the second page at
http://www.uscourts.gov/file/18734/download .  The same page could repeat
thirty times or more with 3-10 entries per page, with each "block" on each
page linking to a separate SQL entry.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462