Release 9.0.0 DP-5

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Mar 3 17:29:55 EST 2017

On 3/2/17 2:18 PM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode wrote:
> Something else that would be good:  If I could go back to being able to
> test right to the device, instead of having to build a standalone and then
> install it.  I forget whose plugin let me do that, but I miss that,

It's built-in, always has been (unless I'm not understanding what you
mean.) If your phone is cabled to the computer, when you click the Test
button it builds to the connected device. I haven't had to build an iOS
app for a while so maybe something changed there, but it does work on
Android.

I occasionally have trouble getting my Mac to recognize that my Android
phone is attached. In that case, I go to Terminal and do:

./adb stop-server
./adb start-server
./adb devices

And it usually lists the device. If adb can see it, so can LC.

I've only had that fail once, and no matter what I did the phone didn't
show up. It turned out that I'd plugged the phone into the wrong one of
three cables snaking around my desk, and the USB charger at the other
end beligerantly refused to respond.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com