Dragging widgets

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Wed Mar 1 21:40:00 EST 2017

Yes, of course, Hype is nowhere near the scope of LC. my interest is just what you describe: an environment for  smooth easy-to-build animation and, if it can also be deployed on a web site without having to load the entire Emscriptem , so much the better.

A full graphic mini-novel-story (6 minutes user driven) I would prefer to do it in LC, because the scope of the back end is so much bigger, but it's just too hard compared to something like HYPE to do a) easily b) look really good.  So if we could build it in HTML5, if we could only fully integrate the browser widget in the message path we would have our Dosai and Sambar too. Plus you get the bonus of being able to deploy on web without having to wait for the entire Emscripten engine to load.

and, back on point, being able to touch-drag any object is simply the default expectation for a newbie coming from that GUI/Front End/UI design space over to check out LC…