Verbosity and Lines of code

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Fri Jun 30 20:31:53 EDT 2017

That doesn't generalize to more than two levels (without many extra
lines of code) - you essentially have to number or label the repeat
loops, and check in many places whether the 'exitMe" variable has been
set to a higher level or not. And it's pretty fragile if additional
levels of repeat loop are added later.

and if the inner loop doesn't end immediately before the outer one, it
gets more messy - you need an exit check immediately after each "end
repeat" as well as at the top of the loop.

repeat with i = 1 to tSomething
   repeat with k = 1 to tElse
       if exitMe >= 2 then exit repeat
       repeat with j = 1 to tSomethingElse
          if exitMe = true then exit repeat
          DoSomethingWith i,j
          put 2 into exitMe
       end repeat
       if exitMe >= 2 then exit repeat
       someOtherCode "here"
     end repeat
    if exitMe >= 1 then exit repeat
  end repeat

(don't trust the above code - I have no idea whether "2" is the right
value to test for in those places :-)

-- Alex.