Sharp as a pound (was Array assignment...)

james at thehales.id.au james at thehales.id.au
Wed Jun 28 21:43:03 EDT 2017

Alex in a postscript wrote...
> btw - whose bright idea was it to not put a 'sharp' key visible on a
> British Mac keyboard :-) ?

Of course # is a sharp character.
Being in Australia which had moved to decimal currency by the time PCs were available we had the # on our keyboards. But being not such a young man I remember our previous currency (my first job was a paperboy which netted me £1 17s 6p per week) and so I noticed the lack of the £ symbol and that it had been replaced by the #.
The thing is I still refer (internally) to it as a 'pound' symbol.

James