8.1.4 Export snapshot

Paul Hibbert paul at livecode.org
Wed Jun 28 12:45:14 EDT 2017

This looks like it may be a bug on Mac OS, or just a difference in the way the OS works.

I see the same problem using LC 8.1.5(rc1) on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.4, but if I give the file a more complete path (which I would normally do), then it does work:

export snapshot from group "abc" to file "/Users/paulhibbert/Desktop/abc.png" as PNG

However, I would have expected an error or at least something in the result with your example, but they were both empty when I tried:

on mouseUp

   try

      export snapshot from group "abc" to file "abc.png" as PNG

   catch tError

   end try

put "The Result:" & the result && "Error:" & tError

end mouseUp

Are you going to file a bug report?

Paul