Did queryRegistry break?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Jun 28 12:02:54 EDT 2017

I ran a test for a user in the forums and was surprise to find I can't
get strings back from the queryRegistry function - here's his thread:
<http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=29420>

Any of you having luck with queryRegistry in recent builds?

I searched the bug DB and came up empty.  Given how rarely I use Windows
I figured it might be good to check in here so see if others can confirm
this before I write a bug report, hoping perhaps I just missed something.

The specific key he tested is:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\SERIALCOMM

In my VM my Win10 install doesn't have that, but even testing values I
can confirm in RegEdit like this one from the docs, returns empty with
no error info in the result:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.livecode

--
  Richard Gaskin