How do we access the clipboard on mobile devices?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jun 27 16:17:48 EDT 2017

hh wrote:

 >> Richard G. wrote:
 >> ... beyond the  performance gains by moving "low level binary data
 >> processing" to javaScript (would be nice if someone has time to
 >> post some apples-to-apples comparisons) ...
 >
 > "Low level binary data processing" means for me for example to invert
 > the color data of an image of medium screen size (say 1920x1080)
 > _without_ using any js-package, only using pure HTML5/javascript.

What is "js-package"?  If the "js" isn't JavaScript, what is it?

 > Now please define "apples-to-apples comparisons" for that use-case,
 > best with your LC script version (so that we have the fastest possible
 > LC script version), and I'll add my version so that everyone can do
 > his own comparisons.
 >
 > [Use latest LC 8.1.5, the image is a LiveCode object, say image 1]
 > [Simple invert means for me (r,g,b) -> (255-r,255-g,255-b)]
 >
 > on mouseUp
 >    -- start timing
 >    -- end timing
 > end mouseUp

I don't have a collection of image processing scripts handy for such
testing, but I've seen some in the forums I may be able to hunt down if
they're useful.

 >> Richard G. wrote:
 >> ... what I find most interesting in these  discussions is that most of
 >> the interest expressed thus far has been for  UI elements, something
 >> previously seen as LC's sweet spot.
 >
 > Just the same with most externals ?!

If we expand the conversation from "externals" to all forms of
extensions in general, then certainly LCB-based widgets tend to be GUI
controls.

But if we look at the types of externals most commonly used in LC at the
moment, we have tsNet, the MER collection, and others, most of which
provide some pretty great functionality but are rarely creating GUI
controls.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems