How do we access the clipboard on mobile devices?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Jun 25 19:29:40 EDT 2017

jonathandlynch wrote:

 > I really want to have the same forms for every platform, not have to
 > generate 40 different fields on the fly and manage all of that.

You don't need to. Write a loop that instantiates any editable fields
for you on preOpenCard and LiveCode will do the rest.

I don't know why that sort of auto-instantiation isn't just a property
setting of fields, but just about every developer I know wrote that loop
once and never thinks about it again.

 > I might try converting my forms into HTML forms and using the browser
 > widget. I hate that because I invested so much time into the forms I
 > have created, but not being able to paste text on a tablet kinda
 > stinks.

That seems like a lot more work.

--
  Richard Gaskin