Shell - argv parameter with SPACE

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Jun 24 23:25:41 EDT 2017

JB wrote:
> What the code provided does it it gives you the
> ability to use c, c++, objective-c, and Java code
> in your Livecode stacks.
>
> For those who have a basic understanding of any
> of these languages there is a lot of code on the
> web they can use with little of no changes giving
> them a lot of extra power with little effort.
>
> These examples are the MAIN LINK to using other
> code within Livecode.
>
> I understand a lot of people do not know or want to
> know other languages and this code is aimed at the
> few people who do now or will in the future.
>
> Providing this ability can attract programmers who do
> not use Livecode now but know other languages and
> want to use their knowledge with Livecode.

Ah, thanks.

Yes, the shell function is very handy.

In addition to calling compiled code, you can also call
platform-independent scripts from it as well, like Python, bash, perl, etc.

"open process" can also be useful, with some additional options shell
doesn't offer.

And for deep, efficient integration there's also LC's External API
(though I don't know where that's documented these days - Mark Wieder,
do you know where we can find the docs and templates for that?)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems