Widgets as Buttons

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Wed Jun 21 22:51:30 EDT 2017

Re:  using widgets for buttons like disclosure triangles.

On mobile they seem very unresponsive.

Jacque says you have to actually tap the pixels inside the defined svg area.

We had this discussion before relative to using small graphics as buttons. So, are we back to making small groups with a background graphic fill white with blendlevel set to 1 or tranparent button on top etc.?

In Spotify, they have super small, tiny disclosure, reveal, popup thin arrows and they work so well, without your finger having to hit some exact target zone… It's almost as if for a small icon that may only be 20 X 20 the responsive zone is more like 50X50 with the icon in the middle so even "big thumbs" have no trouble.

Any thoughts on best approach? What are you doing?

One wonders if we need an enhancement request (if even possible) to set an object prop like:

fullRectResponsive = true

then mousedown/up works whereever you touch inside rect.

or something like that.

BR