Exploring A Single File Deploy on Windows

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jun 21 16:47:51 EDT 2017

On 6/21/17 1:31 PM, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode wrote:
> Since 8, standalones have loaded their externals on startup - so no
> script runs before the standalone expects them to be where they should.
> One way to resolve this is to send a message *before* the externals are
> bound, allowing the 'spit out' solution to work again by intercepting
> standaloneSaving / Saved and handling an appropriate message on startup.

Could you expand on this a little bit? StandaloneSaving/Saved are only
sent during a build, so I'm not sure how I'd use those to intercept a
startup message.

Also, when do the externals actually load? If they load at startup
before any messages are sent, then won't the externals already be done
with before the stack receives the startup message?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com