Server Installation

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 20:25:15 EDT 2017

Not sure i'm on the exact same version and setup of apache, but on a
droplet I just set up, these are the steps I took to get it working.

First I enabled actions
a2enmod actions

you need to do this as root, or have sudo privelages, with sudo it would be
sudo a2enmod actions
Also enable cgi..
sudo a2enmod cgi

Then you need to edit a couple files.

The files in question for me are in /etc/apache2/mods-enabled
edit the actions.conf file and add a line..
Action lc-script /cgi-bin/lcserver  where lc server is the full name of the
lc server executable

Then edit mime.conf and add a line..  If you search for AddHandler in the
file you can locate the correct area.
AddHandler lc-script .lc
and save the file

Download and unzip the lcserver stuff into the cgi-bin folder.  For me it
is located at /usr/lib/cgi-bin
I put the executable and folders in the toplevel there to match the actions
line above.
Then I made the executable.. um.. executable with chmod 755 lcserver
(again, whatever name you have for the version you grabbed. )
 Then i added a test file.  In my case the main html directory is in
/var/www/html
I created a file test.lc with code that just puts a random number out.

At this point, restart the service.
sudo service apache2 reload

Hopefully your setup is similar enough that this will get you going.

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 4:52 PM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <