[OT] We should have our own competition

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Fri Jun 16 18:16:20 EDT 2017

That's not unique to WoW. In fact, it used to be considered by many to be *the* right way to do mouse/scrollbars.

I'm pretty sure it was the default on very early Sun Micro systems, copied from Apollo : left click in scrollbar would 'warp' to the mouse position, right button would scroll 1 page up/down, with a config option to reverse those button choices. The two choices can still be found on some Unix window managers, I think - been a few years since I used anything but Mac).

And (in some cases) it was useful  e.g. for CAD systems it was not that uncommon to have a good overall feel for where in your large 2-D or 2-1/2D design you wanted to go ...

Alex.