asynchronous sockets

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Thu Jun 15 20:46:00 EDT 2017

> On 16 Jun 2017, at 10:26 am, Tom Glod via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> I'm an open-source user and I am building socket communications for my
> application.
>
> I'm aware of the built in internet library and the tsNet library available
> to non-open source license owners.
>
> My question is "What isn't asyncronious about reading from and writing to
> sockets?”

Nothing really as long as you use the callback (with message) form then all the reading and writing is done on a separate thread. Of course your callback handler is handled on the main engine thread but that’s not the slow part so that’s fine.

tsNet does not provide sockets so that and its licensing probably only confuses any discussion of asynchronous sockets.

Cheers

Monte