asynchronous sockets

Tom Glod tom at makeshyft.com
Thu Jun 15 20:26:46 EDT 2017

Hi everyone,

I'm an open-source user and I am building socket communications for my
application.

I'm aware of the built in internet library and the tsNet library available
to non-open source license owners.

My question is "What isn't asyncronious about reading from and writing to
sockets?"

is it just that they run on the same thread as the engine and even when
using the "with messages" it really isn't truly asynchronous?

is it just purely a performance issue?

What are the chances the tsnet can be dual licensed?  I do not have a
choice in whether I use the open-source version or not.....It is a  key
aspect of our business model and all of our projects must be open-source.

Thanks for any input on this.

Tom