can't edit...while it is executing

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Jun 15 10:35:04 EDT 2017

Monte Goulding wrote:

 > On 15 Jun 2017, at 10:28 am, Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >
 >> on mouseUp
 >>  repeat
 >>    answer "Hi"
 >>  end repeat
 >> end mouseUp
 >
 > Lol… that I would abort in my head before it enters the script
 > editor ;-)

It's what software testers call a test. ;)

It isolates the issue to the fewest lines of code needed to demonstrate
the issue.

It would be great to remember to never put an answer dialog in an
untested loop, and to inform newcomers that they need to use the answer
and ask dialogs with great care to avoid any circumstances which might
call them repeatedly.

But in our imperfect world I see questions about how to cancel out of
such loops from time to time, and even manage to have a "D'oh!" moment
myself when I forget to treat LC more delicately than other xTalks I've
used.

What is it about LC that makes safely exiting with Ctrl-. harder here
than in other xTalks?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems