[ANN] Release 8.1.5 RC-1

Curry Kenworthy curry at pair.com
Wed Jun 14 19:06:24 EDT 2017

Richmond:

 > The whole discussion is becoming a "pane" and I for one am "board".
 > "a real Windows machine" is almost as meaningful as phrases such as
 > "real men stand up to pee".

It was clear; you confirmed your own understanding in that very first
post, so I saw the objection as more of an attempt to signal virtue. If
that helps anyone feel some self esteem, I'm glad. This machine was
designed specifically for Windows, so the description is appropriate.

And maybe more relevant to testing LiveCode 815 than standing to pee.

But on that subject, which I never imagined seeing here, I would advise
males to pee in the most manly way possible during coding breaks. Stand
proudly, preferably sporting a Molon Labe T-shirt and oversized belt
buckle with a rebel design. Extra points for carrying around a bowie
knife or a LiveCode powered mobile web server. Use this moment to
celebrate the masculine heritage that only real men can fully experience
and embody as they pee. Then go back and dominate that code like a true
alpha!

Does that seem like we're getting off track a little? Oh yes, I was
saying that this LC version is working much better on my machine than
the previous two. It makes an efficient 8 workflow possible, and that is
much appreciated. Thought the feedback might be useful. I usually don't
install the RCs, but I'm glad I tried this one, so don't hesitate - it
truly makes life easier, at least on - ahem - Windows.

Best wishes,

Curry Kenworthy
Real Windows machine

Custom Software Development