Stack Files and Behaviors

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Tue Jun 13 13:43:50 EDT 2017

1) Can someone confirm the end it the description of the stackfile entry in the dictionary seems to be truncated… i.e. someword missing there?

2) Maintaining stack files  for the main stack from which the standalone is being built, across a project in active development by a team has caveats.

We (andre) finally opted to set them dynamically from a json file on init, so that we are not constantly facing a GIT conflict with the main binary's stack files property being updated. by another team member.

3) By default, all the behaviors were added at the beginning of this project, but, a recent "event" tells me that you *do not* need to add behaviors to the stack files.

Assuming a behavior is saved and open in memory at the time you assign the behavior_*some*.livecodescript to someControl X

then the behavior *will* be opened even if not in the stackfiles

Of course I can test this with a unit test separate from our big framework, but can anyone confirm?

BR