sample Stack for uploading files to a lc server

Matthias Rebbe matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Sun Jun 11 19:15:38 EDT 2017

Please excuse for the 2nd post. I forgot to enter a subject.

Hi,

i´ve already posted it to the forum
http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=29357 <http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=29357>

but in case you are not reading the forum:

I´ve created a little stack and two livecode server scripts that allow to upload a file to a web server running livecode server version 8 or higher.

After successful upload the download url of the uploaded file is copied to the clipboard for sharing purposes.
The stack has a little filemanager included which  allows to get the d/l url for older uploaded files  and it allows to delete older files which are not needed anymore

The stack uses Bernd Niggeman´s  Gauge widget for showing the upload progress.
See his post about this really cool widget  http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=29348&p=154776&hilit=gauge#p154776 <http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=29348&p=154776&hilit=gauge#p154776>

There are only minimal adjustments needed in the stack script of the livecode stack to get it running with your web server.

The archive contains the livecode stack, 2 livecode server scripts, the .lcb file for the Gauge widget, an installation guide for the Widget and a readme file.

I´ve tested it with Livecode 8.1.4 and Livecode server 8.1.2.

Please do yourself a favour and read the file 'PLEASE Read Me First!.txt'  first.

Hope it´s of some use for the one or the other

Regards,

Matthias

Matthias Rebbe
+49 5741 310000