64 bit desktop apps

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Thu Jun 8 10:44:26 EDT 2017

I was going to respond to this earlier but I decided not to. There is no logical reason a 64 bit app would run slower than a 32 bit one. Certainly not noticably slower. In fact, there is every reason to expect it to be faster in some respects, as the pipe to the processor is twice as wide. Not sure why Mark's benchmarks do not reflect that, but I am not an engineer.

Of course the real benefit is that an app has access to more memory as the address space increases dramatically.

Bob S