HTML5 deployment: progress comes into sight

hh hh at hyperhh.de
Tue Jun 6 21:39:18 EDT 2017

Yet another creative contribution to this thread (beta version,
nowhere else linked for a few days).

http://hyperhh.org/html5/video-funHTML5-9.0.0-dp-4hhX.html

Video-Fun is a HTML5 standalone that communicates with the webpage
to take frames from a video and display them as image.
As we have an image and not a browser widget we can put everything
on top of it (here a digital clock) or even add some image effects
(blur, grayscale, posterize, rgb factors invert, duotone, flipH/V).

On a medium fast machine with a decent graphic card (for example
MacMini 2.5 GHz/IntelHD4000, Safari 10) we get _30 fps_ for the
display.

The sound is done by the video running in the webpage.

The timing display (for the overall actions) shouldn't go over
120 ms (if so try a faster/newer browser).