using tsNet external

Terry Judd terry.judd at unimelb.edu.au
Fri Jun 2 20:01:14 EDT 2017

Thanks Charles – I’ll keep an eye out for the timeout stuff in the next release.

Best regards,

Terry...

On 2/06/2017 8:21 pm, "use-livecode on behalf of Charles Warwick via use-livecode" <use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com on behalf of use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:

    Hi Terry,

    On 24/05/2017 11:55 AM, Terry Judd via use-livecode wrote:
    > Couple of questions about the tsNet external...
    >
    > # if I’m just using get or post url (i.e. no special tsNet commands) do I still need to call tsNetInit?
    No.  tsNetInit is automatically called on startup as part of libUrl
    initialisation.

    > # what is the default timeout for a synchronous get or post url call, and how do I change it?
    tsNet has a number of different settings related to determining if a
    connection has timed out.  At the moment, these cannot be changed.

    Having said that, I am in the process of adding the ability to change
    these values for the next release.

    Cheers,

    Charles