HTML5 deployment: progress comes into sight

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Thu Jun 1 22:08:02 EDT 2017

What I believe BR was referring to is that we can expose LC handlers to the
local JS context of a browser widget thus enabling liveCode.* calls. What
would be good, was to have functions (synchronous ones for the sake of
complexity) exposed as well so that calling a liveCode.* function from JS
on a browser widget not only would trigger the function but also return the
results.

Right now, we need to play musical chairs where JS calls a liveCode.*
handler, which doesn't return anything but executes, then the said handler
execute something in the JS context which is essentially a callback thus
forcing every call into an async call. I know pretty well how async JS
world is but even if we could simply have synchronous functional calls
there it would be awesome and open a whole new world to customized
experiences.

On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 9:50 PM, Mark Wieder via use-livecode <

http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.