HTML5 deployment: progress comes into sight

hh hh at hyperhh.de
Thu Jun 1 15:56:30 EDT 2017

@Mark Waddingham:
I was partially wrong.
There is already more possible than I thought with HTML5 deployment when
using "do as javascript". One can work around missing javascriptHandlers
because there is "the result" available for evaluating in LC Script.

I tried again and found a bug in the HTML5 version of my "LCImageToolbox89"
from "Sample Stacks".
Bugs are hard to search/ find because we can't debug "do as javascript" in
LC Script (yes, of course we can do basic "testing" in a browser widget).
So first fly blind and then have eventually the real run-test with the
standalone. Very tedious.

At any rate the new features we will get for HTML5 will be a big step forward.

-------

The standalone is now running here. It is _very_ fast. I'll post it
tomorrow at http://hyperhh.org/html5/ and http://hh.on-rev.com/html5/ .

We can look at such standalones to have by LC a nice GUI to canvas2d-features.

*** And there is more available in canvas2d: Graphics, Video, Audio ...
*** So these are also available _via_ HTML5 standalones, we have to work
*** hard, do some (slightly advanced) javascript but it's possible.
*** I already know the "how to".

[These is on my 'vague' list for the next few demos:
basic graphics/text (also svg-features), more image processing, using
video/audio _via_ HTML5 deployment.]