Wait, the problem, and why it is important to solve

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Mon Jul 31 12:01:22 EDT 2017

Indeed - we can make all the things on the list I made have a callback / without waiting form too.

In terms of wait itself - it is the HyperTalk way of doing 'async' - allowing you to write such code without the 'headache' of nested callbacks / closures and such - this is why it is important to retain and improve. It makes coding event driven things easier.

The fact that C# has async, and JS is getting it (because node.js primarily) shows that it is an important pattern. One we've had for years, just in a restricted (recursive) form.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

Sent from my iPhone