Build a simple app on HTML5 [WAS: Re: Build a simple app on Android]

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sun Jul 30 20:23:34 EDT 2017

Yes, I've been using the python server as described in the deployment
guide, and it's very handy. But the real app (the one this was condensed
out of) actually wants to download files from a server (that I can't add
the app itself to), so for now I'm kind of stuck.

Hmmm - maybe I can modify SimpleHTTPServer to be a little "bridge
server" that can receive the request, download from the internet to the
local disk, and then supply it as requested ...

Looks like I may be able to join the sub-community after all :-)   More
tomorrow or Tuesday :-)

Alex