widget inclusions Linux

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Sun Jul 30 12:33:20 EDT 2017

I apologize if this is a known (but not to me) issue...

I am finding that the BMI Calculator does not work after it has been
built as a standalone in 64bit Linux in recent versions of LiveCode. (I
haven't tried in any other OS.) It works as expected within the IDE but
in a standalone the Calculate BMI button doesn't execute any scripts.
Returning to LC 8.0.1 a standalone functions perfectly if I select all
the appropriate widgets for inclusion. But, the standalone exhibits the
same broken behavior if I deselect the lib.json widget.

If I save the stack in 8.0.1, with the proper files selected in
standalone build settings and open it in 8.1.4 and build, the standalone
functions as expected.

Is it possible that the lib.json and/or other widgets is are not being
properly included in the standalone in recent versions of LC, at least
under 64bit Linux? Maybe I should ask if someone can duplicate this :D
It happens to me under every distro I test.

Warren