CEF Browser - what is wrong with my script

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Sat Jul 29 22:18:30 EDT 2017

On 2017-07-30 01:06, Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode wrote:
> Mark,
>
> I cannot use the widget because of bug #20200.

I was hoping you were going to say 'because I hadn't thought to'
(although, I must confess that was a fanciful notion, having observed
your attention to detail over the years).

> If we can expect a fix for 20200 then there would be no need for a
> bug report for the browser external.

Please do report a bug about the browser external, we haven't officially
deprecated it yet, so still need to support it.

> Or is it more realistic that if i report it as a bug that  the browser
> external is fixed earlier than bug 20200?

I suspect we will actually fix 20200 first (if only because it is
probably a couple of hours work, rather than a day) or at the same time
- the less 'new' projects which use revBrowser the better; but on the
other hand we have to keep supporting use of revBrowser until it is
replaceable.

A classic chicken-and-egg scenario.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.