CEF Browser - what is wrong with my script

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Sat Jul 29 18:57:08 EDT 2017

On 2017-07-30 00:44, Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode wrote:
> stack "Untitled 1": execution error at line n/a (External handler
> execution error: creation failed) near "creation failed"
> Am i missing something?

It might be a bug - there's been a fair amount of churn in CEF stuff in
recent versions so we might have missed something with regards
revBrowserCEF.

Is there any reason you are using revBrowser rather than the browser
widget?

If there is then please let us know asap (file a bug) so we can fix it.

The fact is that revBrowser is on the verge of being deprecated and then
quickly axed (for a number of reasons).

[ For existing projects, this isn't really a problem - its an external
so current built versions will work for some time to come - and we'll
make sure the S/B still plays nicely with it as it requires some special
fu to get to work - it would be better if we weren't having to support
two variants of the same rather complicated thing, and people didn't
start using it 'by mistake' because they hadn't discovered the widget ].

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps