Compiling LiveCode on Sierra

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Sat Jul 29 17:04:49 EDT 2017

On 2017-07-29 23:00, Monte Goulding via use-livecode wrote:
> Ah, yes, it doesn’t do anything if the sdk is already linked in.
> There’s a few things I’d like to change about that script. One is it
> should link in any SDKs that are in the cache or found in the other
> xcode app bundles rather than just the specific list. At the moment
> it’s really annoying that for develop-8.1 you need 10.8 but for
> develop you need 10.9 but the script doesn’t do both on either branch
> so you end up having to modify the script before you run it. Every
> time I run it I think I really should fix this but what I’m actually
> meant to be doing that day always makes me forget about it until the
> next time ;-)

Completely unrelated to the SDK thing, but it is worth mentioning (as
Brian obviously also noticed issues with develop-8.1)...

If you are building from source keep an entirely separate clone for
develop-8.1 and develop - don't switch within them to branches of the
opposite base as you'll end up getting funky errors whilst building
quite a lot.

We changed the way prebuilts work on develop compared to develop-8.1 -
and the two methods don't get along very well (at all, really!)

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps