gitter

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Sat Jul 29 16:51:34 EDT 2017

> On 30 Jul 2017, at 1:01 am, Mark Wieder via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> On 07/29/2017 01:44 AM, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode wrote:
>> P.S. None of us tend to sit on gitter.io <http://gitter.io/> - we can only process so many simultaneous inputs - however gitter does send email notifications when someone posts something on there and usually it doesn't take too long for one of us to notice (weekends, notwithstanding!).
>
> While I think the original idea for using gitter (after trying Slack first) was to set up sort of an IM channel, I have stopped expecting it to be that and instead I use it for conversations where I need some deeper or arcane expertise and don't feel like cluttering up the uselist or the web forums that would be of interest to nobody else. And, once I stopped expecting it to be an IM channel, I have to say that whatever the subject, I have always gotten immensely useful information from the team on gitter.

As we get more contributors gitter will become more active and you will be able to answer many of the questions for each other. There’s little point expecting a great deal of chatter if there’s only half a dozen people outside the company that have built livecode from source. FWIW I have it on my phone and open on my desktop so I get notifications and respond if I know the answer. Usually it’s “Have you updated submodules?” ;-)

Cheers

Monte