controlNames deprecated??

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Jul 28 14:33:54 EDT 2017

Hi Jacque.

My growing consternation is that I have a LOT more lines in the list than show up in the application browser. But I suppose I have a lot of groups within groups so okay.

What I am actually trying to do is get a list of every visible object on a card so I can set the windows size to encompass all VISIBLE objects. I need to take into account group borders though, because a group on one side of the card will produce a larger visible distance that the other side (if it contained no groups or objects with margins).

The idea is to have a function which automatically sizes a card to encompass all visible objects with extra margins on the 4 sides. I say visible because the menuBar is typically invisible on the Mac OS, and I do not want to include that, nor do I care about imported graphics I have hidden, like the one I use for my background patters for instance.

It seems there ought to be a way to get the names of all visible objects on a card without having to loop through every single field (think datagrids and shudder) or button (think menubars and shudder some more) or group (think datagrids again containing groups within groups and run screaming naked into the hills).

Bob S