Web vs Native (was Re: HTML5 limitations?)

Matt Maier blueback09 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 13:48:32 EDT 2017

Word. I barely have any experience and I've already run into multiple
users/customers who think that "add to homescreen" is impossible hacker
magic.

High market penetration of smartphones doesn't mean anyone actually has any
idea how to use their smartphone. Most people are at about the
Fischer-Price My First Shapes and Colors level. Except that they've aged
out of the phase where it's easy to learn new things. So they feel like an
idiot baby and it takes way too much effort to push through the learning
curve.

A lot of developers use "hybrid apps" (like PhoneGap) as the quickest,
easiest way to get a web app into the app store(s). It doesn't actually
have an app in it. It's basically just a browser with a built-in link to
the web app. But there are a lot of users who don't understand how to use
the app if it's not in the app store.

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 9:56 AM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <