Web vs Native (was Re: HTML5 limitations?)

hh hh at hyperhh.de
Wed Jul 26 21:32:38 EDT 2017

> RG wrote:
> - What are the use-cases where a native app is a better choice than a web app?
> - What are the perceived benefits of web apps and native apps?
> The first question is about actual capabilities, and the second is about the
> psychological drivers of clients and customers, which may or may not reflect
> those capabilities.

Yes. More specific and very clear now.

The answer to the first question is of course: Native is always better performant.
But with a web app you have "all-in-one": For example, no nasty switch to an other
app for a simple "wiki"-info, or for some lines of feed-back, or for looking into
news. A web app means: You are already "surfing".

These are my experiences from discussions with non-IT users/clients/customers
for the second question: They identify web apps with special (also) mobile apps,
special in that they are not connected to any download torture. And they expect
them to have _no_ minor performance. They forget, that they are in a web view when
they read or write or draw/paint, they are not a bit impressed, impressed as we are,
that some things are now also possible in the browser.