Web vs Native (was Re: HTML5 limitations?)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Jul 26 20:27:34 EDT 2017

hh wrote:
 >> RG wrote:
 >> My bigger question here is what needs to be delivered specifically
 >> in a web browser window vs a native app, and why?
 >
 > This questions browsers ("the web") as platform in general.
 > TMHO, you are too late with that question, by 25 years.

Perhaps just poor writing on my part.  I'm not questioning whether web
pages exist or are useful.  Of course they are.

As I think about this more, there seem to be two question here:

- What are the use-cases where a native app is a better choice
   than a web app?

- What are the perceived benefits of web apps and native apps?

The first question is about actual capabilities, and the second is about
the psychological drivers of clients and customers, which may or may not
reflect those capabilities.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems