Ethereal Breakpoints

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Tue Jul 25 12:53:31 EDT 2017

On 07/25/2017 09:26 AM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode wrote:
> OK here is a perfect example. I get on one of the lines,
>
> stack "/Applications/LiveCode Business 8.1.5.app/Contents/Tools/Toolset/libraries/revdebuggerlibrary.livecodescript",5000
>
> Problem: There are not 5000 lines in that script when I go to edit it. Further I have never edited that script!

OK - that one's easy to explain.
The LC engine doesn't like the breakpoints to be empty.
If you look in the revdebuggerlibrary script you'll see the __Initialize
command sets a dummy breakpoint at line 5000 of its own script. That
line obviously doesn't exist, so it won't trigger and actual breakpoint.
It's just there as a placeholder and you can ignore it.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com